After months in the making, Jeremy Palmer finally released his Black Ink Project 2 course to the public. Get all of the details on the Black Ink Project 2 Homepage.
Jeremy Palmers Black Ink Project: Review of Day 4
This is the fourth installment of Jeremy Palmers Black Ink Project series.
In this series, I will be reporting on my participation in Jeremy Palmers Black Ink Project webinar training course.
For those of you that don’t know him, Jeremy Palmer is the author of the(now free)mega-hit ebook called “High Performance Affiliate Marketing“. In this book, he details how he went from barely showing a profit to a super-affiliate.
Each day, I will post the topic from the previous day’s session and will share at least one important idea that I took away from the session. These posts are intended as an overview of the webinars and NOT to replace participation in them.
I highly recommend signing up for this webinar series. I do NOT receive ANY compensation for recommending this. I simply believe that Jeremy Palmer is a man who knows his stuff, has the proof to show it and really cares about helping others succeed online.
Each webinar will last an hour and a half with the last thirty minutes used for Q and A. There will be twenty sessions divided as follows:
- five weekday webinar sessions
- one week off between each series of five sessions to get assignments and take action on what was learned the previous week
- course will take eight weeks to complete
Each session will be recorded and the recording will be available within twenty-four to forty-eight hours. The recordings will include the graphics used during the presentation. He will also send an email with a summary of the topic, resources discussed and links to Q and A topics.
Today’s Topic: Getting To Know Your Audience
I want to start by saying that it is no surprise to me that Jeremy is as successful as he is. In this session, we learned how analytical he is when it comes to finding his target customer by learning their browsing, searching and buying habits.
He started out the webinar by saying we have to be able to answer in detail who our customer is. We need to be able to break them down into personas(for example: businessman, homemaker, student, etc.)and consider the different motivators each one has to want our product.
To be able to identify our ideal customer, he recommends using the following tools:
- Our product’s advertisements-what benefits do they tout?
- Our product’s web site-who are they selling to?
- The company’s financial reports-these routinely contain demographic and psychographic information on their target customer.
- Community sites-forums where our target customer hangs out.
- Consumer review sites-make sure to focus on user rather than editor ratings.
- Magazines and newsletters-look at cover headlines for hot interest topics. also, if we contact the publication for the advertising rate sheet and ad information, it will probably have demographic data as well.
- Books-product selection guides to find common needs of our target customer.
My Top Take-Away
Once we have whittled down our customer to our distinct buyer personas, we should design a different landing page for each that speaks to them and their needs personally. A shotgun approach is almost a guarantee of failure. Do not make these landing pages until we have discovered who our target customers are.
Tomorrow’s Topic: Setting Up Shop
If you liked this post be sure to submit it to your favorite social bookmark using the ShareThis icon below.
[tags]jeremy palmer,high performance affiliate marketing,affiliate marketing,black ink project,quit your day job[/tags]